Friday, February 8, 2013

Blog#1 9/11

Even before the sun could wake up the city was already busy just like any other day. And I was no exception, my suit lay perfectly pressed on my bed, my shoes polished to a T and all that was left was for me to prep. I entered the shower steaming so it would wake me, it was so hot it stung my skin just enough. I shampooed and conditioned watching each bubble go down the drain. Eventually I hoped out and dried off, it was already 6:30! I'm going go be late at this rate! I slid on my tights and sleek black pencil skirt and a soft pink blouse . And went back to dry my hair, after it was curled to perfection and my auburn locks hung just above my waist, I moved onto my make applying just enough to my tastes, little bit of blush, mascara and some light pink eye shadow to match my shirt. I slipped on my black heals and grabbed my brief case at 7:24 just enough time to catch the subway. I walked out of my apartment into the busy streets, car horns blaring, advertisements flashing off of buildings and people everywhere making their way to who knows where. I went down the sidewalk to the station hoping to not get shoved from all the people or step in any gum. Bad luck always seemed to follow me. I jumped on to the subway and took a seat. I had twenty minutes to be there. I just couldn't be late. I entered the tower and made my way to the 96 floor. I met my boss and they handed me a huge pile of files, great this will take at least two hours. I wen to the filing cabinets and got sorting, paper was becoming my least favorite thing now after all the cuts I have and it's only 8:30! I kept going until I heard frantic voices in the main offices, people were everywhere screaming and crying. I could barely move , everything felt so slow. I turned to look out the window and I saw it. The plane was coming right at us, and there was nothing I could do, everything would come crashing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment