Friday, March 15, 2013

#24

I am a strand of hair. My life has always been average, just like any other hair. Until I fell. It started out like any other day. I awoke tangled with many other hairs. Some I did not recognize, this has become a problem. Waking up every day with another hair tangled into me. It took some time but eventually I was brushed away from the others. Where I live there is no space we are wedged together so tight sometimes I don't even get to see the sunlight. The others don't seem to mind but me I have always been an introvert. But I cannot control where I grew up. The weather is quite stormy today and the other hairs are bustling away and completely frantic. Smacking in to me, some are even flying away. I listen to their screams as I hold on. They have fallen and will never return to another head. I do not know where those hairs will end up or what is beyond the head none of us hairs here do. One day I will find out. Today we are going to the hair dressers. It is a fantastic day. We all love a grooming, the shampoo, conditioner and products. It’s like a feast. The warm air from the dryer making us flow much more gracefully it truly is wonderful. More have been left behind though. The flowing water washed some away, while others were yanked from the head with the brush and even the dryer was to powerful for some. We mourn the loss of each hair but quickly move on. There are so many of us that we sometimes don't even notice. We travel back home after a hectic day. The bike we ride along flies through each of the streets and suddenly a burst of wind comes and before I even know it I have fallen. And where I will end up I do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment